Friday, February 16, 2007

Odd jobs. Most of us have had one at some point in our lives. Some of us have had a lot of them. And some of us have had a lot of REALLY odd ones. I've had about thirty jobs in my twenty-three years-- some lasted an hour, others for close to an eternity. From getting old women to kiss scraps of paper (lipstick reading) to swimming with an Alzheimer's patient in an outdoor pool in a blizzard, my employment has shaped my life in some unusual ways. This blog is an opportunity for you to discover interesting ways to make money and to share your own unusual employment experiences, however weird, fabulous, frightening or mundane. Please add helpful information to my posts, offer tips to other moonlighters, commiserate with struggling freelancers, and celebrate your greatest successes. I know you have stories. Now you have an audience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! This blog will be great! I look forard to hearing about different odd jobs of the week.

Anonymous said...

Hey....Clowns are the oddest of odd jobs. I was hired to be a clown and on the day of the job, had to pick up another clown on the way. I figured I would get to the location, gear up and start clowning. The other clown had a different idea - when I picked her up, she was in complete clown outfit - face paint, nose, wig, water spurting flower, big shoes, hoola hoop pants.....on the sidewalk in New York City! Our commute time was 2 hours one way.
Clowns are freaks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.